Re: [LUG] Mozilla losing the plot a little bit further

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 5:54 PM, Simon Avery <digdilem@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2014/11/19/promoting-choice-and-innovation-on-the-web/
>
> Yay, let's throw away an agreement that uses the best search engine the
> world has ever known, and instead default to Yahoo search or Bing.
>
> I made the switch to chrome a while ago. Was uncomfortable for a while, and
> doing without some of my cherished plugins was a pain, but I don't regret
> the move. Less so when Mozilla do things like this!

I'm confused. Why does the default search engine make you feel better
about moving to a proprietary browser?

If you don't like Yahoo, change to Google or Bing or DuckDuckGo with two clicks.

Presumably Google's deal with Mozilla is worth less in the US lately
because people in the US are moving to Chrome for various reasons, so
they can do this instead?