Re: [LUG] Firefox tabs

On Fri, 25 Jul 2014 13:47:15 +0100
Tom <madtom1999@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Tom,

My question was, largely, rhetorical.  However....

>You stop supporting it when its usage drops below a certain point.
>Alternatively you drop the new stuff if its not picked up. Change for

How to determine that?  There's no sure fire way to know who does what.
Heck, there's not even a guaranteed method of knowing how many people
actually *use* Firefox (or anything else, for that matter).  Having said
that....

>changes sake is a pain in the proverbial - as is adopting every new
>illegible style that some pushy tosser has managed to get implemented
>despite there being a 20 year history of people pointing out how
>inaccessible it is.

....I totally agree with you there.

In the end, _most_ people don't actually _care_ what they use.  They
don't know they have a choice, they don't know they have a voice.  Most
don't even know they're allowed to have an opinion about such things.
It's only the minority of users that are either apologists or nay-sayers
that get vocal about the issues.  Don't get me wrong; I'm glad some
people *do* make a noise, because if they didn't, $DEITY knows /what/
we'd end up with.

--
 Regards  _
We don't give a damn