Re: [LUG] Firefox tabs

On Thu, 24 Jul 2014 19:58:42 +0100
bad apple <mr.meowski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 24/07/14 19:43, Rob Beard wrote:
> > Not tried it yet myself, at work we use Firefox 24 ESR and I'm a
> > little concerned that some of these interface changes might throw
> > them off a bit (or some of the less tech savvy users).
> >
> > Might install it tonight and have a play.
> >
> > Rob
>
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/classicthemerestorer/
>
> This is probably what you're both looking for.

I already use that. No, it is not the look that annoys me, it is yet
another example of the FF gurus deciding how we should be able to use
it without asking us first. I think that any such changes should be on
an opt in basis, that is they should be made available and we should be
able to decide if we want to go with them or stay as we are. But no, the
changes are made and we have to try to find a way back if we can.

The previous system with tabs was, if there is only one tab, empty or
with content, there was no x button to close it. Add one or more tabs
and they all got an x button to close them one by one. That meant that
to empty the contents of a single tab you had to click on the plus
sign to open another one and then close the one with content.

Now all tabs have an x button, and if there is only one tab and I click
on the x to try to remove the contents what actually happens is that FF
is closed down completely. Not what I want at all.

Oh well, something else to  sort out,

Neil