Re: [LUG] Junk Mail

On 09/05/14 00:07, Martijn Grooten wrote:

> And given that both firms
> responded with a strict DMARC policy, its long-term consequences may be
> significant.

Is it fair to say this doesn't address the underlying issue.

As I'd have thought the whole history of spam says addressing the
fundamental issue worked (taking out the bots), and Google demonstrated
that even a reasonably good player and do REALLY well with a bit of
effort at spotting dodgy accounts.

I did see various folk moping that their emails or mailing lists were
being bounced etc, as a result of such changes, didn't realise that was
the motivation, I assumed incompetence....