Re: [LUG] Junk Mail

On 08/05/14 14:02, Martijn Grooten wrote:

> Having said that, Cisco reported the other day that spam hit a
> three-year high water mark
>
> http://blogs.cisco.com/security/spam-hits-three-year-high-water-mark/

Do you happen to know if the drop end of March was a botnet take down?

I vaguely recall hearing it was, but, well I hear a lot of that sort of
stuff and much of it isn't that interesting so it doesn't all stick.

Have to say I've had 4 spam in 2 days, all filtered by software,
although I think I may have corresponded with the Belgium company trying
to sell me Excel training in Flemish(?), but they clearly don't have me
well targeted on technology or language. Which is about the normal rate.

Did notice a few "help I'm stuck abroad - send money" type cons recently.

But discussion of spam is a bigger problem for my signal to noise than
the spam itself ;) Worse still I enjoy that discussion more than more
pressing things to do....