[LUG] Static analysis of Lua

I want to do some testing of a program.

Since I couldn't find the right sort of test for the behaviour, thought
I'd start with source code analysis, only it is written in Lua.

Only tool so far that even looks like it will fly is lua-inspect, which
seems mostly aimed at using with the SciTE editor, and does very limited
checking if the documentation is accurate.

Anyone any experience of Lua, and in particular any attempts for static
analysis or code metrics?

Suspect I will have to revert to plan A, and sort out some fuzz testing,
but someone may leap up and say "I know".

There are tools around to get to an AST from lua source, and some older
tools that might work if I learn some more C++ history.

Fuzz testing has the advantage of being (mostly) language agnostic, and
I need to do some similar tests on code written in other languages,
hence the probably plan A.

You don't have this problem finding tool for ADA, which has a certain
irony to it....