Re: [LUG] Junk Mail

On Thu, May 08, 2014 at 11:38:46PM +0100, Simon Waters wrote:
> Do you happen to know if the drop end of March was a botnet take down?

I don't know. I don't recall hearing about a big takedown, but I've been
busy and it's not like all these things are widely advertised.

It may also have been just that whatever caused that spike ealier in
March started doing something else.

> But discussion of spam is a bigger problem for my signal to noise than
> the spam itself ;) Worse still I enjoy that discussion more than more
> pressing things to do....

:-)

I'd say a far bigger problem was spam from spoofed Yahoo and AOL
accounts sent to the account's contact list. And given that both firms
responded with a strict DMARC policy, its long-term consequences may be
significant.

Martijn.