Re: [LUG] Just upgraded to ubuntu 12.04 from 10.04

On 02/04/14 13:07, stinga wrote:
On 02/04/14 07:30, stinga+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On 01/04/2014 05:03 pm, bad apple wrote:
On 01/04/14 12:21, stinga+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
and now getting

run-init: /sbin/init: No such file or directory

Got any ideas?
Partition is OK, as in fsck
Tried passing root=/dev/sdb1 with the same result.
It does actually exist, checked with a live disk

Known issue with bad behaviour of Ubuntu live CDs accessing rooyt
partitions of hard drives and flagging them dirty.

Boot any non-Ubuntu live disk and fsck the root partition.
Nope, not that, as noted above I have already done that.
This is a 64 bit install not a 32 (might make a difference).

Gave up and reinstalled.
Then got some other weird grub error, which I have now fixed.

But I am not liking ubuntu, so the next thing is to pick another distro, with a nice GUI.
The unity thing on ubuntu is awful. (must turn off compiz)

with ubuntu you can load up all the other desktops to try and then stick to the one you like - and get rid of the others.
Tom te tom te tom