Re: [LUG] Just upgraded to ubuntu 12.04 from 10.04

On 02/04/14 13:48, Tom wrote:
> with ubuntu you can load up all the other desktops to try and then stick
> to the one you like - and get rid of the others.
> Tom te tom te tom

To be fair, you can do that with *any* Linux distribution, which is one
of its chief advantages over certain proprietary operating systems which
I shall not mention here.

KDE is even sort-of installable as an alternative desktop shell on
Windows (it's very buggy though).

I must admit that I am increasingly not liking Ubuntu myself these days,
and to a lesser extent, even Debian. I am seriously contemplating a
wholesale defection to Arch at this point and am actively seeking out
and testing other obscure, new distros in the hope I'll stumble across
something perfect.

Regards