Re: [LUG] Just upgraded to ubuntu 12.04 from 10.04

On 2 Apr 2014 13:09, "stinga" <stinga+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Gave up and reinstalled.
> Then got some other weird grub error, which I have now fixed.
>
> But I am not liking ubuntu, so the next thing is to pick another distro, with a nice GUI.
> The unity thing on ubuntu is awful. (must turn off compiz)

I wouldn't chose a distro based purely on the GUI. I'd think about installing something that has a nice package management system, will upgrade nicely overtime and then put various GUIs on it, play around with them until you fund one you like. In other words: install Debian.

Grant