Re: [LUG] Just upgraded to ubuntu 12.04 from 10.04

On 02/04/14 07:30, stinga+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On 01/04/2014 05:03 pm, bad apple wrote:
On 01/04/14 12:21, stinga+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
and now getting

run-init: /sbin/init: No such file or directory

Got any ideas?
Partition is OK, as in fsck
Tried passing root=/dev/sdb1 with the same result.
It does actually exist, checked with a live disk

Known issue with bad behaviour of Ubuntu live CDs accessing root
partitions of hard drives and flagging them dirty.

Boot any non-Ubuntu live disk and fsck the root partition.
Nope, not that, as noted above I have already done that.
This is a 64 bit install not a 32 (might make a difference).

Gave up and reinstalled.
Then got some other weird grub error, which I have now fixed.

But I am not liking ubuntu, so the next thing is to pick another distro, with a nice GUI.
The unity thing on ubuntu is awful. (must turn off compiz)

--
'ooroo

Stinga...(:)-)
Email: stinga+dclug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx   o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should use  >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
the hammer. If it moves and      `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\