Re: [LUG] Just upgraded to ubuntu 12.04 from 10.04

On 2 April 2014 13:48, Tom <madtom1999@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 02/04/14 13:07, stinga wrote:

>>> Nope, not that, as noted above I have already done that.
>>> This is a 64 bit install not a 32 (might make a difference).
>>>

>> Gave up and reinstalled.
>> Then got some other weird grub error, which I have now fixed.
>>
>> But I am not liking ubuntu, so the next thing is to pick another distro,
>> with a nice GUI.
>> The unity thing on ubuntu is awful. (must turn off compiz)
>>
> with ubuntu you can load up all the other desktops to try and then stick to
> the one you like - and get rid of the others.

Since we so often complain about it, I just thought I would point out
the joy of perfect netiquette above. Small, relevant excerpts and
bottom posting. You should all be proud of yourselves.

--
Phil Hudson                  http://hudson-it.no-ip.biz
@UWascalWabbit                 PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63