Re: [LUG] Fwd: Microsoft scam man is sentenced

On Tue, Apr 01, 2014 at 01:14:51PM +0100, Brad Rogers wrote:
> That may look as though I have a downer on the police but I don't.  They
> do a difficult job with limited funds.  Much the same as other public
> sector services do.  They have to prioritise.

Indeed. And a scam that makes people in a far away country lose a small
amount of money in a way that's not obviously illegal will be very low
down on their list of priorities.

I gave a presentation at a security conference on support scammers a few
years ago. Much to my surprise, there were two people from the Indian
police in the room. I didn't get the feeling it was their top priority -
and nor should it have been.

Martijn.