Re: [LUG] Fwd: Microsoft scam man is sentenced

I'm pretty sure ofcom regulations state that as a business you are not allowed to contact people under false pretence, that is where the fine comes from I presume, I guess the 4 month suspended was given as the criminal has effectively stolen money from vulnrable people and as he may not of had any previous on his record he walked away this time with a fairly hefty warning that if he continues or gets caught again breaking the law he will be away for many many years + 4months.