Re: [LUG] Fwd: Microsoft scam man is sentenced

On 01/04/14 12:11, Brad Rogers wrote:
On Tue, 1 Apr 2014 06:10:23 +0100
Daniel Robinson <manipula@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Daniel,

I'm pretty sure ofcom regulations state that as a business you are not
allowed to contact people under false pretence, that is where the fine
comes from I presume, I guess the 4 month suspended was given as the
OfCom don't have jurisdiction overseas, where many of the scammers call
from.

Do the UK police? , Don't they work with their over seas counterparts to investigate crimes that happen, Surely Telcos could do the same,

paul

Even leaning on the telco to cancel the scammer's phone account doesn't
help much, because it's a simple matter to go to another telephone
company, with a different assumed identity and resume calling almost
immediately.