Re: [LUG] File system for heavy I/O

On 25/03/14 18:58, bad apple wrote:

> What strange world do you live in where optimising the kernel on
> mission-critical production systems is "playing around"?!!!

I'd regard it as playing around unless there was some clear problem for
which this was the only viable solution.

Nearly everything I touch these day, including virtualization can be
handled by stock Debian kernels (or occasionally other distros). Whilst
I've had great fun tweaking kernels and building kernel modules in the
past, if I want reproducible behaviour, compatibility with third party
code etc, then the kernel will stay stock unless there is something
truly compelling.