[LUG] Fed up of BT Broadband in Minions

Hi all
Being the Sub Postmaster in Minions I get a lot of Village residents complaining ( I don't know why to me apart from I just happen to there to listen!), about the very poor service we get from BT Openreach regarding the quality of the Connection to the exchange, we as a village get 2.5 megs max with many failing to reach 1 Meg on a steady basis.

So I thought with the Caradon transmitter being just up the hill why cant we use 3G?
With my HTC stuck out the Loft window I get up to 14megs on EE ( orange) Direct line of sight with the Transmitter, but inside the house its flaky and just about the same as ADSL.

does anyone have experience of  a good sim router and does a 3G Ariel make much difference? I have looked at something like this http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/ShopDetail.asp?ProductID=15278 poss with the Ariel from the bottom of the page, as an installed solution in the  house but before I tell BT where to put their Crapband what do you think of the long term viability of such a system.

Currently we all in Minions pay about £30 / month  for a phone Connection with Broadband. Most only have a land line because we think we need ADSL.
Also the nearest "Green Box" to us is in Upton Cross and this does have the Fibre cable in it but I feel the cost of bringing it to Minions is making its appearance here a very long way off.

Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub)
A dedicated Linux user