Re: [LUG] Fed up of BT Broadband in Minions

On 25/03/14 19:08, Kevin Lucas wrote:
Hi all
Being the Sub Postmaster in Minions I get a lot of Village residents complaining ( I don't know why to me apart from I just happen to there to listen!), about the very poor service we get from BT Openreach regarding the quality of the Connection to the exchange, we as a village get 2.5 megs max with many failing to reach 1 Meg on a steady basis.

Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub)
A dedicated Linux user
/usr/bin/microsoft
Skype minions_shop
www.minionsbandb.co.uk
www.tearooms.minionsbandb.co.uk
FaceBook Minions_shop
Po House, Minions,
Liskeard Cornwall
PL14 5LE
01579363386

I got an email a couple of days ago from Avonline Broadband who say they can supply B/B by satellite for £20 per month for up to 5 GB, at download 15-20 Mbs and upload 2-6 Mbs.  10 GB for £25 and so on. I've never heard of them before so caveat emptor and all that.

George