Re: [LUG] train line to re-open April 4th

On 08/03/2014 12:56, Martijn Grooten wrote:
>  Many countries
> outside Europe don't run any passenger trains any more.

Umm!
I have used for years 1990 to 2001 when in Asia ( 6 to 8  times per year
3 weeks per trip) the 'bullet train' as in Japan, South Korea and PR
China. Very popular with persons to move city centre to city centre.

They are more popular now. They have full internet speeds (better than I
get at home) and I still correspond with my agent in China while he is
on train.  (It is easy time to discuss matters as he has no office
pressures at that time)

High Speed Trains depend on the local geography distance between
technical/commercial centres. Sweet spot is 200 to 500 miles being
easier than aircraft, and for overnight travel 800 to 1100 miles.
--
regards
Eion MacDonald