Re: [LUG] train line to re-open April 4th

On 04/03/14 16:52, Paul Sutton wrote:

> As for alternative routes this is being
> discussed,  if / when we will get it,  that is anyone's guess esp given
> it has taken 40 odd years from deciding we needed a bypass at
> Kingskerswell,  they are only building it now.

Putting an alternative from Exeter to Plymouth is relatively easy
according to some folk, as some of the old Dartmoor routes are still
largely unbuilt on. I haven't walked enough of any one of them to know
if they are right. If right a route could be decided quite quickly, but
not going to happen this month.

The line from Bridgwater to Taunton is currently shut due to flooding,
even for those living a little East of Dawlish, train transport has been
hellish for about 5 weeks now (as before the flood there was the tunnel
maintenance between Tiverton and Taunton).

Bristol to home took me 3 hours yesterday by public transport, twice the
normal time. I was sleep for much of it, so no idea why it took quite so
long aside from the obvious it was a bus not a train for most of it.