Re: [LUG] train line to re-open April 4th

On 04/03/14 15:56, Matt Lee wrote:
> Is the line completely shut down right now, or do they have an alternate route?
>
> I used to ride this every day.

The line at Dawlish has been damaged by the storms, in that the ballast
and sea wall have gone leaving just the track in mid air,  so they are
working to fix it right now.  As for alternative routes this is being
discussed,  if / when we will get it,  that is anyone's guess esp given
it has taken 40 odd years from deciding we needed a bypass at
Kingskerswell,  they are only building it now.

cost is a factor, but MPs (local) have said they won't support the west
cost high speed rail line unless something is done about rail links in
the west country, so at least they have something to help fight our
corner.   Cost is a factor, but all these experts seem look at the cost
of building,  not at the cost to the lives of people here as a result of
loss of tourism, business, trade etc by not doing something.

So right now there are trains between Paignton and Teignmouth I think,
as the line is cut off at Dawlish.

Paul

web : http://www.zleap.net
twitter : @zleap14

Torbay Raspberry Pi Jam,  8th March 2014 - http://dcglug.drogon.net/torbay-pi-jam/

I am committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable groups and
expect any school or establishment I am involved with to share this commitment.