Re: [LUG] train line to re-open April 4th

On Fri, 07 Mar 2014 01:08:55 +0000
Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Simon,

>Putting an alternative from Exeter to Plymouth is relatively easy
>according to some folk, as some of the old Dartmoor routes are still
>largely unbuilt on. I haven't walked enough of any one of them to know
>if they are right. If right a route could be decided quite quickly, but
>not going to happen this month.

The problems with that are;  railtrack don't own much of the land that
dismantled permanent way occupied.  They'd have to buy it back, at
considerable cost.  Then there would inevitably be multiple objections
to any plans to route rail through Dartmoor, or anywhere else for that
matter.  Neither are insurmountable, but would preclude anything being
'quick'.

--
 Regards  _
Every single one of us