Re: [LUG] GnuTLS bug

On Thu, Mar 06, 2014 at 07:08:13PM +0000, Mark Evans wrote:
> Whilst the headline says "Linux" the article is about GnuTLS which
> isn't specific to Linux. It also says a "similar error" to the IOS/OSX
> one recently revealed. Not impossible that these are the same issue. If
> the Apple and GNU code share history or developers.

They are different issues. It's just a big coincidence that they both
revolved around incorrect 'goto' statements in the C source code and
that they both meant that SSL/TLS certificates weren't verified.

See:
http://threatpost.com/goto-aside-gnutls-and-apple-bugs-are-not-the-same/104626

Apart from the fact that apparently people didn't read the source code
as much as they should (or as wel assume they do), what I find slightly
worrying is that no one had drawn conclusions from not getting
certificate errors.

Martijn.