Re: [LUG] MAC address on Android

On 13 January 2014 22:21, bad apple <mr.meowski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Um yeah, if you *really* don't recognise and can't account in any way
for that IP address then you definitely have more serious things to
worry about than randomised MAC addresses...

Just went thru this myself. Could not recognize a device with an address connected to my router, the MAC address wasn't in my list (I'm another who keeps a list), panic panic panic. Turned out it was the Raspberry Pi I got my son for his birthday and which I don't use or even have an account on. The penny only dropped when I went to an online MAC-address producer identifier site. Amidst the general clutter a tiny thing like a Pi is easy to miss on a quick visual scan, even though it's actually got its own ethernet cable.

--
Phil Hudson                  http://hudson-it.no-ip.biz
@UWascalWabbit                 PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63