Re: [LUG] flash - which distro

On 07/01/14 17:54, Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Jan 2014 17:33:29 +0000 bad apple <mr.meowski@xxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> Hello bad,
>
>> You are using a nightly build right? Or anything that's at least
>> Firefox 29? No problems with it here.
>
> That would go some way towards explaining the issues;  I'm using
> v26 at present.  Clearly not up to date enough.
>
> Thanks for the clarification, I'll not worry about it.

Sorry, I probably should have made that clearer.

If you can be bothered, it's a quick test - you can grab the latest
build from here: http://nightly.mozilla.org/

It's distributed as a tarball which you can simply unpack and then
directly execute - it doesn't need to be actually installed so it
won't mess with your existing Firefox instance (although you'll
definitely want to make sure that your Firefox 26 isn't running at the
same time, otherwise Bad Things might happen). If you don't like it
then you can just delete the unpacked directory and that's it.

So, make sure you have no running Firefox instances and issue:

/path/to/extracted/nightly/firefox -P

And create a new test profile, just to make sure you don't knacker
your existing one. Once Nightly starts with the new blank profile,
edit browser.tabs.remote to true and restart Nightly with:

/path/to/extracted/nightly/firefox

Now you're running the latest firefox build with sandboxing enabled.

Of course, if all this seems like a lot of effort just to test a new
feature and you really can't be bothered I won't be remotely
surprised, because it is a bit of a pain. I've been running Nightly as
my default browser forever (and I'm tangentially and very peripherally
involved in Firefox development and packaging) so I've got kind of
used to it.

Cheers