Re: [LUG] flash - which distro

On Mon, 06 Jan 2014 20:48:48 +0000, Paul Sutton <zleap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have been asked which distro works well with flash, or gives good
> performance.  He has got mint 14,  and it seems Ok, it runs on Lubuntu
> but I mainly use flash block. So just wondered what peoples experiences
> were ?
>
> Any suggestions,   ok flash Isn't ideal for stuff but if some distros
> give better performance than others then I can get back with something
> useful based on real experiences of other users.
>
> If people simply block it,  then that is a valid response too,
>
> thanks
>
> Paul

Mint just works for me (Mint Debian Edition at the moment).  Generally it
runs okay, can be a CPU hog at times if I have loads of tabs open (say 50
to 100 or so).  On occasion my machine starts to run at a crawl and I just
reboot it :-)

That's on a 5.5 year old Core 2 Duo 2Ghz laptop with 4GB Ram and onboard
Intel graphics.

Rob