Re: [LUG] So long, and thanks for all the fish...

On 06/01/14 18:09, Paul Sutton wrote:
On 06/01/14 17:59, Simon Waters wrote:
On 6 Jan 2014, at 17:38, Keith Abraham <keith.abraham8@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

DCLUG because all the brains are down there.
As we already knew, many of the brains aren't actually here.

But I think it is good if we retain folks who are elsewhere.

Not so good if it is because their local LUG collapsed.

It would be interesting to know Why local lugs collapse, if nothing else
so we can learn,  for some reason we are riding the storm , lugs seem to
fall away, perhaps we have a strong mailing list, or some other reason,
either way if we can learn from others then it is a good thing.

Maybe look at why we DO succeed and others can learn from us.

Paul

From my POV the South Wales LUG was always much quieter than this one and I haven't heard from them for many years whereas this one has always been much more active. I think the combination of real life meetings and a busy mailing list are contributory factors to this LUG surviving. That and the /friendly/ atmosphere and helpful members who don't just cry 'RTFM!' for simple questions.

Julian