Re: [LUG] So long, and thanks for all the fish...

On Mon, 6 Jan 2014 17:59:54 +0000, Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> On 6 Jan 2014, at 17:38, Keith Abraham <keith.abraham8@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> DCLUG because all the brains are down there.
>
> As we already knew, many of the brains aren't actually here.
>
> But I think it is good if we retain folks who are elsewhere.
>
> Not so good if it is because their local LUG collapsed.#

Yep we need to spread the supply of brains around a bit for the pending
zombie apocalypse :-)

Seriously though I think these days geography isn't an issue.  I used to
chat to some folks in a Derby chatroom years back and one of the people on
there was from Wales (never met them, but funnily enough they ended up
working with a friend's old next door neighbour who moved from Paignton to
Wales).

I think the problem I find though is having enough time to keep up with
the LUG list, I'm not as nearly as active as I used to be but I try and
keep fairly up to date.

Good luck Neil, hopefully we'll see you again at a Devon meet sometime and
I hope things go well for you :-)

Rob