Re: [LUG] New tablet computer

On 03/01/14 17:06, Neil wrote:

> Thanks for all the info. I will have a look at it all, although whether
> I will be allowed to actually do anything is another matter.
> At the moment I am just about allowed to be in the same room!! As for
> actually touching it .... no chance.

Ha, that's exactly how it went with us too! After unboxing and initial
setup, which I did on Xmas Eve while she was still at work and unable to
interfere, I literally haven't touched it again. I noticed today that
for the first time I can remember, she left the MacBook at home and left
for the hospital with just her iPad.

Don't worry too much about the jailbreak aspect - from my perspective,
it's a necessity but I obviously have very different priorities as a
professional paranoid from either of our significant others, who chiefly
just want to use their new gadget.

I may be too late, but I recommend that your missus creates a new
throwaway account initially to experiment with.

Cheers