Re: [LUG] New tablet computer

Does sound to me that what she needs could be a Chrome book not a tablet.

Discovered after buying one for her who mustn't have computers perpetually being
"improved" by her partner, that the Samsung Chromebook had been selling like hot
cakes on Amazon since it was released.

Won't make anyone on the list happy, but for the casual user - well it is a useable
Linux desktop for browsing and email. Killer is lack of Skype. Anyone coming too it
with long history of computing will bork at the straight jacket, my partner is like
"where is save?" "It saves automatically" "okay" and "it saves my files to the
Internet so I can access them from work?" "Yes". Aside from some help sorting out
email settings she has used it entirely independently and was doing stuff she'd
never done on her Debian desktop even though it was all there to be discovered and
used.