Re: [LUG] Firefox Session Manager Add-on

On 29/11/13 07:46, Tom wrote:
> I have just installed chrome (having installed and uninstalled it after
> a trial  many times) purely for the fact that some of their free and
> open books will only download on chrome.
> Tom te tom te tom

I didn't even have much luck with that: I wanted to watch a documentary
I missed the other day on C5 on demand, and unlike BBC iPlayer, their
crappy website (like the C4 on demand website) is heavily DRM laden so
Firefox+flash just doesn't work.

So against my better judgement I briefly installed Chrome (and then
Chrome-Beta, and then Chrome-Testing) thinking that surely their much
vaunted built-in Flash would be able to handle it: not a chance. I
apt-get purged them straight off my system after that disappointment.

I actually ended up having to watch them in a VirtualBox XP instance, in
full screen, running Internet Explorer. Bizarrely, it actually works
well enough to watch DRM-laden streams.

Regards