Re: [LUG] Firefox Session Manager Add-on

On 28/11/13 17:45, Simon Waters wrote:

> On 28 Nov 2013, at 17:35, bad apple <mr.meowski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I won't touch Chrome at all - I despise it. Why would you
>> install Google's spying machine on your computer willingly?
>
> For a supported version of Flash....

That's a really poor cost/benefit analysis!

I hate to say it, but even on my entire herd of Linux machines and
VMs, both the testing/experimental fleet and actual physical installs
at customer locations, Flash rarely, if ever, causes any problems.
Sure, I dislike it as much as the next sensible person and can't wait
for it to die and go away, but it's actually stable. More so than
quite a few other Linux technologies in daily use...

sudo apt-get install flashplugin-installer works fine for me, and then
it "just works" in all browsers. I know that Chrome and IE these days
include their own tweaked versions that theoretically should work
better, but as I have no problems with the basic plugin anyway, and
both those browsers are hateful abominations, I'll stay well away
thank you.

Of course, each to their own. Just because I don't personally like
Chrome doesn't mean everyone else isn't free to load it up (I do have
Chromium installed on this box).

Cheers