Re: [LUG] personal computer world (PCW)

On 19/11/2013 13:02, Paul Sutton wrote:

Yeah well you had to copy to floppy using rawrite in DOS, :)
b1,b2 for base,  a1, a2 etc for erm applications

Manually partition the drive using fdisk,

I also ran out of floppies so ended up re-using them  of course you also
had a root / boot disk to get things started off,  proper cd rom support
didn't work for me till kernel 2.0.30 i think.  All good fun.

if anyone ever moans about Linux being hard to install its time to dig
out that old PC  and make people do it the hardway to show them how easy
it is to install now by comparison,  heck back then I had to install DOS
/ WIndows manually using floppies.

Paul

One of these days if I can find a working machine and enough working floppies I might try this :-)

Not sure if they'll still be available though when I retire :-D

Rob