[LUG] Simple programming language

G'day all,

I am in the local school teaching programming and I want a non gui programming language.
Old style like BASIC.

I want to teach programming without having to teach a load GUI to get a simple program going.
BASIC seemed like a good idea.
Got to run on Windows , that's what they have.
We have used scratch so far, brilliant but they love putting in loads of sounds and stuff that really don't help the learning process.

Interpreted would be good but if we have to compile then I don't mind.

Any suggestions?

--
'ooroo

Stinga...(:)-)
Email: stinga+dclug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx   o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should use  >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
the hammer. If it moves and      `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\