Re: [LUG] Passion

And then the myriad command line options you need...

-----Original Message-----
From: list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Paul Sutton
Sent: 19 November 2013 13:16
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [LUG] Passion

On 19/11/13 12:41, Rob Beard wrote:

> On 19/11/2013 11:41, Tremayne, Steve wrote:
>> And how was it? :o)
>>

>> I use VLC to rip CDs... never thought of using it to digitise those
>> old VHS videos...
>>
>> It's a great bit of software.
>>

> Interesting, I never thought of using VLC to rip CDs.  Saying that, I
> love the command line, so ripping from an analogue video source before
> I've used Mencoder (or in one case, I have an MPEG encoder card so I
> just dd from /dev/video0 to a file an it makes a fairly compliant MPEG
> file :-D).
>
> It's one of the things I love about Linux, so many ways of doing things.
>
> Rob

Once you discover the tool to do it of course

Paul

http://www.zleap.net

Exeter Raspberry PI Jam 23rd November - http://dcglug.drogon.net/meetings/
Torbay Raspberry Pi Jam 14th December - http://dcglug.drogon.net/torbay-pi-jam/

I am committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable groups and
expect any school or establishment I am involved with to share this commitment.