Re: [LUG] OT: USB hub

On Thu, 07 Nov 2013 18:24:53 +0000
Tom <madtom1999@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Tom,

>I was looking at doing some chip design lately and as far as I could
>tell the process I was looking at could allow you to make a chip that
>would take anything from 2.5v DC (any polarity)  to 250V ac as an input
>and provide 5V DC at 1amp for about 30p in mass production! I say 'as

At the chip level, I'm surprised at that.  Mind you, I've been out of
the electronics field for over a decade, so my knowledge of such things
isn't up to date.

>far as I could tell' cos they wanted Â40K upfront for access to the
>real details... and no manufacturer would buy something that would make

No surprises there.   :-)

>their product semi-eternal!

True, but with ever changing attitudes wanting everything to be more
environmentally friendly, I can see that having to change somewhat.

Of course, there are always other ways of forcing people to change their
gear every year or two.   :-(

--
 Regards  _
No guarantee the stimuli must be perceived the same...