Re: [LUG] Mint 15: Automount DVD post re-install of Mint

On 03/11/13 23:24, Kevin Lucas wrote:
On Sun, 2013-11-03 at 18:50 +0000, Julian Hall wrote:
Hi Kevin,

Thanks for that, yes I do have Disks, and I had looked at it when Mint
was installed before but the DVD wasn't showing for some reason.  It is
/now/ but that's because I currently have a disk in that it deigned to
recognise and play.

Initially it was set to Auto Mount ON - which is curious as the whole
problem is that it wasn't auto mounting - so I did the following:

clicked Auto Mount off
checked Mount At Startup
changed Identify As to /dev/sr0 - this is what all the forums I've
looked at seem to think it should be

However, OK is disabled unless I leave Auto Mount OFF so I can't save
any settings I change?

When I left Auto Mount OFF  and tried to save it - I didn't go through
with it - it asked for my root password to update the fstab.  Could I
save the changes with the auto mount off and then edit the fstab to turn
it back on?
I would probably do it the other way round
Leave it out of the fstab (comment it out)
and use Disks to mount I imagine its one or the other..
not both.

It's not in the fstab at all at the minute. There again it's not auto-mounting either so maybe it should be? I thought Disks was just a GUI for configuring fstab which is why it wanted to save my alterations to it?

Julian