Re: [LUG] Using a remote printer - part 2

On 07/09/13 20:22, bad apple wrote:
On 07/09/13 19:43, Neil wrote:
I have now checked it several times and it works!! I don't know why I
didn't think of this before. So, Bad Apple, I do sometimes give up
after a reasonable go at something, but I do then often come back later.

Feeling rather pleased now,

Neil

Good work chief!

Be wary of this feeling, it can be addictive - I pretty much blame the
rush of satisfaction from fixing some obscure little detail for my
descent into professional computer work. It all started with wanting to
print a letter from DOS a long, long time ago and hasn't ever really
gone away. As jaded, cynical and efficient as I have become, it's still
not entirely unheard of for me to do victory laps around the server room
every now and then after solving a particularly tricky little problem.

You're actually a point up on me - I never did get around to figuring
out why my parent's computer can print over a USB>parallel adaptor to an
ancient HP Laserjet via Win8 when Dad uses it but my Mum's Mint install
on the same machine is having none of it. Looks like you're the expert
now, maybe I should get you to go around and fix it :]

Cheers

It's OK, I am back to normal now. I do realise that, with computers, one little victory is just that. My next problem, and there will be one, will no doubt put me back in my place.

Neil