Re: [LUG] Mint 15 - DLNA Server - Can't be found on network

On 06/08/13 21:56, Adam wrote:
I don't know why, but it's always been on eth1 on this machine, both on
Mint 14 and now 15. I had some trouble getting stable drivers mind you, but
it all works nicely now. This is wifi too btw, if that makes any
difference.

Looks like I've got openJDK 7 on here, just having a look at getting the
'full fat' version from Oracle.

Here's my ums,conf

cred.path = /home/adam/.config/UMS/UMS.cred
external_network = true
thumbnails = true
image_thumbnails = true
mencoder_ass = true
mencoder_fontconfig = true
mencoder_ass_defaultstyle = true
uuid = 3e79208e-72aa-4e4f-8891-638c6c80f5db
folders = /home/adam/Videos

The easiest way to accomplish this otherwise ill-advised installation is probably:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/java
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install oracle-java7-installer
sudo update-java-alternatives -s java-7-oracle
Then restart UMS. Where did you unpack it to? You have made sure the permissions are correct as well?

Regards