Re: [LUG] Mint 15 - DLNA Server - Can't be found on network

UMS logs suggest nothing untoward. It's throwing an error about some plugins, but the networking part at least seems ok. From the log:

08-06 21:23:19  Using address /192.168.0.9 found on network interface: name:eth1 (eth1)
08-06 21:23:19  Created socket: /192.168.0.9:5001
08-06 21:23:19  Using the following UUID configured in UMS.conf: 3e79208e-72aa-4e4f-8891-638c6c80f5db
08-06 21:23:19  The server is now available for renderers to find

On 6 August 2013 20:54, bad apple <mr.meowski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 06/08/13 20:43, Adam wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I've got an odd problem where whenever I run a media server on my Lenovo
> laptop running Mint 15 64bit (Cinnamon), it can't be seen or found by
> anything else on my network.
>
> My android phones and tablet, PS3, Xbox 360, humax PVR and three WIndows
> (2x7, 1x8) PCs can all see each other no problem, through a mixture of
> direct ethernet to router, powerline and wifi.
>
> I've tried minidlna and Universal Media Server (a fork of PS3Mediaserver).
> Both services run with no problem, and minidlna's localhost service screen
> shows me that it's indexing my files no problem, but I just can't get any
> of the devices on my network to see this laptop.
>
> Mint's built-in firewall is disabled.
>
> Am I missing anything obvious, or is there anything more I can tell you to
> help identify a cause?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Adam

I don't know anything about minidlna but UMS generates a debug.log
(which you can find from the GUI). I'd have a look in there first. You
may need to create custom render.confs for your various clients but they
don't sound particularly unusual and I would have thought they'd be
picked up automatically. Of course, seeing as UMS is a Java app, almost
anything could be going wrong...

Regards