Re: [LUG] Free software: great power

On 20/06/13 19:08, Simon Waters wrote:
> On 20/06/13 17:03, Tony Sumner wrote:
>> Oh, dear. I feel terrible. I am just a user, which means I just get a free
>> ride from all you folks who are working hard to augment free software. I am
>> not clever enough to write new stuff and I find it hard enough to learn what
>> I need to know to manage where I am now. I'll find something, eg pay for
>> software, donate to FSF, edit Wikipedia. I will, really
> There is no free rider problem in free software.
>
> That you use the software doesn't inconvenience* other users, or other
> contributors.
>
> So don't feel terrible, there is no reason, on the other hand if you
> feel inspired to contribute please do. Helping other people to use the
> software here is a fine contribution.
>
>  Simon
>
> * Not counting the number of viruses from MS Windows boxes who had my
> email address on their box, that I use to get when email borne viruses
> were all the rage.

Maybe one of the best contributions you can make if you think a program
is really good or find it helpful is to tell the developers that.,  may
not seem like much but I am sure it provides a morale boost

Paul

http://www.zleap.net

I am committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable groups and
expect any school or establishment I am involved with to share this commitment.