Re: [LUG] Free software: great power

On 19 Jun, 2013, at 9:33 pm, Paul Sutton wrote:

What about organizing lug meets,
ok I am helping to set up software freedom day event in Exeter for SFD
in september

do these count

Of course! I feel a proper nana for leaving them out. I should have said, the contributions menu was a work in progress and needed more entries.

The exchange I just had with Martijn et al (confirming how to identify your distro in a shell script) an hour or so ago is going into software that I intend to post to the Emacs Wiki, helping to further refine a new-ish feature introduced in the current major release -- add-on package management -- which is still pretty basic. Since I've signed the FSF papers I might even try to get it into Emacs itself -- bit daunted at that idea, since it's shell script, but I couldn't find any way to do it in Emacs Lisp without calling out to the shell anyway. Anyway... the point is, I met Martijn thru this list, and that's thanks to you, and to Roly at whose barbie we actually met F2F. Communications channels between actual people are always, always the most important thing in software projects.

--
Phil Hudson                  http://hudson-it.no-ip.biz
@UWascalWabbit                 PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63