Re: [LUG] Free software: great power

On 20/06/13 17:03, Tony Sumner wrote:

> Oh, dear. I feel terrible. I am just a user, which means I just get a free
> ride from all you folks who are working hard to augment free software. I am
> not clever enough to write new stuff and I find it hard enough to learn what
> I need to know to manage where I am now. I'll find something, eg pay for
> software, donate to FSF, edit Wikipedia. I will, really

There is no free rider problem in free software.

That you use the software doesn't inconvenience* other users, or other
contributors.

So don't feel terrible, there is no reason, on the other hand if you
feel inspired to contribute please do. Helping other people to use the
software here is a fine contribution.

 Simon

* Not counting the number of viruses from MS Windows boxes who had my
email address on their box, that I use to get when email borne viruses
were all the rage.