Re: [LUG] Windows NSA backdoor - website article

*Any* system can be secured. Admittedly, I do personally find Linux much
easier to reliably lock down but Windows isn't the pile of crap most
people on this list seem to like to think it is. Regards
So

This is what I am trying to get across,   if you say Windows Sucks you
have to provide a reason and evidence to back up your arguments, now if
you say you prefer Linux because you find it easier to lock down,  then
that is a good argument,  if you say you prefer Linux systems as
configuration is stored in editable text files which means recovery is
easier then that is another argument, you don't need to then go on to
say how the windows registry makes this harder,  or very difficult if
the registry gets borked.

If you say you prefer Linux because of the freedoms the philosophy
offers there are many examples I guess.

Focus on Why Linux is good and does a good job,   saying windows sucks
will probably be more of a negative against using Linux,   Linux is good
on clusters as the source code can be modified . optimized and tweaked
to requirement,  .

if someone brings and they stick to their guns, give up and try someone
else as life is way to short .

so if we can come up with a few examples I can paste to the site it
would be good,   esp when we have to explain what Linux is and why it is
different,  having a well written resource would just make it easier for
those of us who struggle a bit to explain.

Would be good for software freedom day or helping new users understand
the whole concept.

Paul

http://www.zleap.net

I am committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable groups and
expect any school or establishment I am involved with to share this commitment.