Re: [LUG] font rendering done right

On 08/06/13 16:12, bad apple wrote:
> On 08/06/13 16:08, Simon Waters wrote:
>> $ apt-cache policy libc6
>> libc6:
>>   Installed: 2.13-38
>>   Candidate: 2.13-38
>>   Version table:
>>  *** 2.13-38 0
>>         500 http://http.debian.net/debian/ wheezy/main i386 Packages
>>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>>

> Weird... but if you installed from the raring ubuntu repo, did apt not
> complain about your libc6 version being < 2.14?

I built the debs from the github for the Debian packages, I don't touch
Ubuntu repositories, and what little I've seen of Ubuntu recently
doesn't inspire me to try any time soon, but I might just have been
spoilt by the hard working DDs, or place too high a premium on having
self consistent and working debs in my distros repositories.

The days of trying to get Redhat 7 and Redhat 9 to do serious stuff, and
having to build so much from source, and then keep it upto date, really
put me off building stuff from source.

Possibly too much as I should really package some odds and sods we have
at work as Debian packages, but never really got into the building
packages thing.