Re: [LUG] Tv interferrance

Hi Simon,

All this interference saga just shows what a
total sham the CE mark is.
Our CE-marked air compressor
dims the lights when it start up.
Our CE-marked vacuum
cleaner louses up the TV reception.

Yes the 'offending'
product (unless it is very old) has a CE mark,
and the
user thinks he is complying with the EMC regulations.
Just
shows how wrong you can be.

Regards etc,
Ray Knowles.

25/05/2013 12:55
>To: <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subj: Re:
[LUG] Tv interferrance

PALFREY <j.palfrey@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Hi Kevin. OK on
your interference, I worked for BT radio interference back

>> in the 70's (yes old one here) You need to have a word
with the owner of
>> the saw. If its electric then suppress
the motor brushes with say 0.1uf
>> 500v You could also
suppress  mains cable. If its petrol then a EHT

suppressor should   do it.

>Interesting. What is the
owner of the saw's legal obligation, if any?
>Presumably he
bought it in good faith and it was manufactured to the