Re: [LUG] valid image of wheezy debian

On 29/03/13 17:01, JOHN DAVEY wrote:

> [...]
Ok so you download the .zip file,  and you click on this it opens up and
should extract it to an img file somewhere on your computer,

We are trying our  best to help you,  but as we are not sitting next to
you while you do this, it is difficult,

goto http://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads

download 2013-02-09-wheezy-raspbian.zip
<http://downloads.raspberrypi.org/images/raspbian/2013-02-09-wheezy-raspbian/2013-02-09-wheezy-raspbian.zip>

if you click on it,  using Chrome or Firefox opens up the download
manager (I can't help you with IE)

if it is with firefox you can either save or open with archive manager
select save

usually this will goto downloads

if you then find it in downloads,  and copy the file somewhere sensible
such as a folder called raspberrypi in your home directory

extract it,  then follow the instructions to write the image to the sd card.

lets not worry too much about the sha1 stuff,  it should download
properly,

As I said before go in to IRC (link posted in an earlier reply) and we
should be able to help you from there,  if you go in and lurk and keep
checking back to see if anyone says hello or responds the room is
usually pretty active after 19:00

Paul

http://www.zleap.net
skype : psutton111

http://www.raspberrypi.org
http://www.ubuntu.com

I am committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable groups and
expect any school or establishment I am involved with to share this commitment.