Re: [LUG] Yahoo email was Re: bad apple: follow up and fall out

On 29/03/13 13:19, Julian Hall wrote:
  On 29/03/2013 12:35, Simon Waters wrote:
A 90 day cooling off period for selection of email account means the
bad guys, or children,  can't cancel your account instantly. So not
such a bad idea. Wonder how long before an email address can be reused.
In the ISP I worked for years ago we retained email addresses for (I
think) three months and told customers who cancelled that if they
changed their minds they could come back to us within that time.  That's
going back to 1997-2004, so it's not a new concept - I'm sure we weren't
the only ones to do that.

Julian

Yes, I can see the reason. I just thought that 90 days was too long a time. A month would be sufficient I would have thought. Anyway, I will not be going back now.

And what about the comment that some of the contents may not be finally deleted?

Neil