Re: [LUG] DrayTek Vigor 120 - unstable connections following machine reboot

On 08/02/13 12:06, bad apple wrote:
On 08/02/13 08:41, Martijn Grooten wrote:
the BT business broadband router didn't give a very stable
connection

Truer words have never been spoken... That might just be BT though.
Being a Britain-based IT consultant, no other single company (including
Oracle) has caused me so much misery. I wish to god that I could invoice
them for pain and suffering. A good friend of mine works for a certain
ISP and his horror stories from the front line of dealing with BT daily
make me shudder. Perhaps the worst, most incompetent, obstructive and
systemically broken company in the entire UK?

Regards

As I have said before, the problem with BT is that it is a private company with shareholders. When anything new comes up they do not ask if it would be good for the country as a whole or for their customers. The only question is 'what about the shareholders?' If they would not be happy, forget it.

I will never understand why the UK has its phone network run by a private company. What other western European country is that daft?

Neil