Re: [LUG] disclaimer text

On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 10:01 PM, Edward Finlayson wrote:
> the recent state of criminal cases being prosecuted on the strength of twitter
> posts etc.

The cases I'm aware of involved a presumed terrorist threat and the
intrusion of someone's privacy. I think don't think people should have
been prosecuted for this (at all), but I doubt a disclaimer would have
made a difference here. (And, say, if you made a convincing terrorist
threat somewhere online, do you think a site's disclaimer should
prevent you from being prosecuted?)

Again, if someone with more legal knowledge than I posses can convince
me that disclaimers are necessary, I'm fine with that. (Because -
disclaimer - IANAL.) But just putting some disclaimer-y stuff
somewhere, because the Internet can get you into trouble, isn't going
to make a difference.

Martijn.